prof.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
prof.

prof. Clan Site

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The prof. clan

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bone_Crusher
Admin
Bone_Crusher

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:04 am

owner/leader:
peth

Members:
Bone Crusher
Quez
Anything
Stealthy
Honorius
Steez
Hysteria

Last edited by Bone_Crusher on Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:28 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://prof-clan.darkbb.com
peth
peth

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 9:33 pm

Cs:s name: peth
Email: v_i_peth@hotmail.com
Steam name: peth19
Who referred you to =prof=: me:)
Favourite map: ...
fav gun: knife
live: auckland
ask if you need books

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry Hostage

Angry Hostage

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:10 am

Cs:s name: Angry Hostage
Email: kedrty@gmail.com
Steam name: squidz
Who referred you to =prof=: imbaladis
Favourite map: many
fav gun: sig552 or m3
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Angry-Hostage
Hysteria

Hysteria

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: put me on that dam list lol   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:54 am

Cs:s name: Hysteria, Crackle, Snap crackle and pop
Email: c.d.beattie@hotmail.com
Steam name: crazychris98
Who referred you to =prof=: stret
Favourite map: texture 2
fav gun: sig552 and that ump lol yeah right
Back to top Go down
Bone_Crusher
Admin
Bone_Crusher

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:45 am

chris is a popular name?
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am

yeah the best players are named chris lol
cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Iced

Iced

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Cs:s name: Iced, Bone Crusher Is A Nob, Kush likes boys, etc etc :-) j/k guys
Email: nzsarge@slingshot.co.nz
Steam name: nzsargekyle
Who referred you to =prof=: bones
Favourite map: shotty FTW or any maps done by Iced™ Corporation ©
fav gun: hmmm gotta be... the umm... mp5 or m4a1.. awps good..mm awp... you know there is a long story to the awp...

The AWP is the topic of one of the more frequent debates among the Counter-Strike community. This 'one-shot one-kill' sniper rifle has its fans but at the same time is probably the most hated weapon in the game. The AWP is probably the best sniper rifle in the CS armoury, with a double-zoom function, allowing you to pick off your enemies with the comfort of great distance between you and those machine gun toting loonies....

In the latest release of Counter-Strike, V1.1, the AWP power was tweaked so that only a head or torso shot now kills with one bullet. Players can, however, still only take 2 shots to the leg before they drop to the floor. The sniper crosshair was also removed when the AWP is zoomed out, but thats fair enough and this article isn't gonna get into that part of it, basically cos its a fair ammendment.

Onto the real debate.......is the awp lame? (One shot one kill cant be right? can it?) or is it a credit to a players skills when he can use it effectively (you think you could master it?). In my opinion (the whole article is my opinion, dont hate me!), the AWP is a gun of skill, not just a 'n00bie' gun for any people that cant play CS 'properly'.

Sure, its a one shot kill weapon, but that means nothing to me, a headshot from an ak47 can hurt almost as much and I've no complaints about that. CS has tried to capture some elements of realism (a whole 'nother debate!) , while still trying to keep the game just that...a game. Sniping is a massive part of counter-strike and helps to achieve some of that 'realism' we all love. Sniping in CS adds a whole new dimension to the game, it prevents people from purely rushing in for a war, if they know theres an AWP bullet round the next corner, with their name etched on it.

Even when I'm not the one behind the scope, I love the buzz (sad maybe) I get from knowing there's a guy zoomed in around my area, and then having to battle, move swiftly and throw some damn smoke grens to get into some sort of close quarters batle (CQB). One of the reasons people accepted smoke grenades so easily was because of the potential for battling with snipers, and i agree they're a good way to even the fight. But, in my opinion, to weaken the AWP further was a slight mistake. Possibly even better is a sniper vs sniper contest, both players knowing that one foot too far in the wrong direction, and death is imminent, yet they still have to put their neck out, to get that shot in before their opponent. Unlike other situations, with the AWP they cant just hop about the place and get in close to the sniper.

Sure we get so called 'AWP whores' who, if they can afford it, try to buy an AWP each round.....but that's just their style and probably one of the reasons they enjoy CS. I like sniping, not as much as CQB, but i like it alot. I'm by no means a 'whore', but I do appreciate how tricky the AWP can be......especially if enemies do manage to slip by your initial efforts, and get slightly closer. You need lots of composure, skill and good aiming to take them out under those circumstances. Is there anything wrong with being an AWP whore? Don't most ppl buy the same gun each time they die? (if they have the money ie colt)

A lot of people who moan about AWP'ers actually can't use the weapon that well, and may feel slightly aggrieved that someone else can put it to such good effect. But in this case, this gives them even more reason to respect the more than capable sniper. Although, I'm not saying there aren't great snipers who just dont use it, cos they don't like to.....it's their prerogative. Initially, I was utter crap with the AWP (admittedly being an HPB didn't help me learn), but after a couple of beta releases of slow but sure practice, i became more efficient, developed my aim, developed my own movement....meaning learning when to push forward with my AWP and more so, when to retreat to a safer distance to continue my battle. It was, however, by no means an easy gun to use at that stage, and only now do I feel competent with an AWP in my paws. There's so much more to an AWP round that some people accept.

Often a good sniper can turn a game in a round or two. If his team are being rushed constantly, and consequently whipped by their enemies, shouldn't he pull out the AWP and put a slight cog in the works of the opposing team? Especially so if he happens to a damn fine sniper.

There are always going to be people for and against the AWP, so this article by no means represents anyone's view, other than my own. If anyone actually reads this and disagrees, keep your flaming constructive at least......or I'l get 'whoring' all over your machine gun little asses!

LOL did ya read that?
Back to top Go down
Bone_Crusher
Admin
Bone_Crusher

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 am

why did you post all that. i didnt read though
Back to top Go down
Iced

Iced

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 2:36 am

Bone_Crusher wrote:
why did you post all that. i didnt read though

it was late at night, the moon wasnt out... i was cringing at the keyboard and BOOM stupidness! I dont know... i just read it and though god, some people devote their lives to cs
Back to top Go down
Angry Hostage

Angry Hostage

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:35 am

I read it all and agree, awp takes skill 2 use effectively, only sucks when ya opponent is beta with it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/Angry-Hostage
peth
peth

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:58 am

FuriousFarmer
Near.Dark
Plague
Whatapro
Krumpix

will all be removed unless they reply to this before i get home
Back to top Go down
peth
peth

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:19 am

goneburgers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The prof. clan Empty
PostSubject: Re: The prof. clan   The prof. clan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The prof. clan
Page 1 of 1